The Basal Cell Carcinoma is a most common kind of cancer found in people.
Causes, occurrence and danger :
Skin cancer is a common disease that falls into two categories as melanoma and non-melanoma. Basal Cell Carcinoma is non-melanoma type of cancer which the people of United States are mostly suffered. The American Cancer Society studies show that around 75 % of the skin cancers are the Basal Cell Carcinoma cancer.
The Basal Cell Carcinoma cancer occurs from the top most skin layer known as the epidermis. The skin then increases slowly without causing any pain. A skin that bleeds and does not get cured easily suffered from this type of cancer. This type of cancers mostly found in the skin that remain exposed to sunlight regularly for a long period. This type of cancer could also affect the scalp. People having age of 40 years or more were mostly suffered from the Basal Cell Carcinoma. The young people were away from this disease.
People face the disease danger if :
- Have skin of light color
- Have red or blond hair
- Having green or blue eyes
- Body remains exposed to UV rays or have x-rays several times.
The Basal Cell Carcinoma skin cancer could be easily recognized as they look different from the normal skin. The skin gets cancer in the form of bump that have:
- Oily or shiny appearance
- Light pink or white color
- Brown or flesh color
- Skin starts bleeding easily
- Wound does not cure
- Oozy spots in wounds
- Got scratch without any injury
- Spot gets surrounded by unorganized blood vessels
- Wound gets sunk in middle
Appearance and Test
To confirm whether a person is suffered from Basal Cell Carcinoma skin cancer, certain tests have been performed by the doctor. At an early stage, he will check the size, color, shape and texture of the sore followed by examining doing the respective test.
- The diseases get cured depending on the size of the sore.
- The tumors get cut from skin, and then stitches were used to join the skin together.
- Electrodesiccation or Curettage treatment uses electricity for killing cancer cells and scraping cancer.
- Doctor performs surgery to check whether skin is infected from cancer. This procedure goes on repeated until skin gets free from the cancer cells.
- The cancer cells are frozen down
- The cancer that cannon be treated with the surgery were then cured by radiation.
- Skin creams containing 5-fluorouracil or imiquimod may be used.
The Basal Cell Carcinoma has 1% chance of returning from Mohs surgery, whereas chances gets exceeds to 10 % with other treatment. Small cancers have lower returning chances than bigger ones. Consult doctor timely for the regular checkup.
The Basal Cell Carcinoma cancer could spread easily in other body arts.
Consult a doctor:
Whenever ones notice any of the cancer symptoms, then immediately have an appointment with the doctor. They will examine the change in size, color and texture that would confirm about the disease.
- Apply sunscreens having SPF.
- Buy sunscreens that could restrict the UVB and UVA light.
- Apply sunscreens 30 minutes before leaving.